|What Do Cats Do While You Sleep?|
Saturday, March 16, 2013
Saturday, November 10, 2012
It's easy to remove the ads on your Amazon Kindle Fire HD, simply log in to your Amazon account and click on the place in the top right hand corner of your account page where it says, "Hello (your name) Your Account". It's got a drop down arrow. Select: "Manage Your Kindle".
Then, in the left column of Category links, click: "Manage Your Kindle" under the Header: Your Kindle Devices.
Look for "Special Offers" Header. Click "edit" where it says, "Subscribed".
A pop up window will explain their advertising subsidy program where they have reduced the cost of your unit by $15 by adding ads to the screensaver and other places.
At point of sale, they also offer the option to pay $15 more for your Kindle Fire without ads in the first place. If you opted for the lesser price, you can still opt-out in your Amazon account if you pay the $15 + tax even after you purchased it.
Here's what the pop-up window looks like:
|Remove Ads from Amazon Kindle Fire with Opt-Out Option|
Also, in order to save money, they stopped shipping the units with a charger. They now include a usb cable that you can attach to your computer to recharge it, but the charger you can buy as an option is much faster. They sell it seperately for $19.95, but I saw an option to purchase it when you're buying your Kindle for a discounted price of $9.95. That's a good way to go. I simply used my AC power charger from my previous Kindle Fire. They used to include it in their older version.
With other headers on this page, you can deregister your Kindle and give it to someone else. You should also go to the actual Kindle device and reset your device to Factory Settings. The new user will be able to register like it's never been used before.
You can also change your Send-To-Kindle email address, and change the name of your Kindle. For example, you could say: Joe's Kindle.
I find that with the new Kindle Fire HD, it's got highly desirable advantages like bluetooth, a far superior built in speaker system that is awesome. They now have dual drivers on each of their stereo speakers. With their new design, the sound comes through loud and clear even if you have your fingers over the speakers due to their improved wrap around design. Their new speakers are many times better when watching a Prime movie or Netflix movie. The older design just didn't cut it.
The HD model has higher resolution and is much snappier due to a faster dual core processor and downloads are much quicker too utilizing their dual wifi wireless connection. You'll find you can be much futher from your wifi router and still go to pages much faster and more reliable.
I'm having trouble watching YouTube videos, even when I go to the YouTube mobile section. They should fix that in their next update.
I love my new Kindle Fire HD 7". It's a big step forward.
Check Out All the New Features on the Offical Amazon Site:
Tuesday, September 18, 2012
It works similar to a debit card, but it's classified as a secure credit card, so rather than just having your account hit with a debit, it is simply billed to you based on the credit you've built back. The more often you use the card and pay on a timely basis, you'll be earning your way back to be a citizen. You are simply billed at the end of each month for new charges. The more you have on deposit, the more credit you'll have. Usage will also extend beyond what you have on deposit if you remain a good customer.
Advantages of Using Frequent Flier Miles Instead of Buying Retail Airfare:
If it's more convenient to fly out of a smaller airport near you rather than an extended drive to a larger airpost, then it's much easier and cheaper to do so with frequent flier miles. Typically, if you drive and park at a regional hub airport to get a better airfare rate, then you usually have the expense of driving there and paying a higher price to park your car in larger cites. So, the cost of driving there and the premium they put on parking offsets the discounted airfare, so you end up paying the difference anyway not to mention the inconvenience and added travel time of flying out of a major hub.
Usually, flying out of a smaller airport using frequent flier miles is more economical because they don't charge a premium for the commuter plane to a larger airport. When purchasing that additonal leg to your itinerary so you can fly from a local airport, it can add another third to your ticket price when simply buying the ticket at retail even if you're using a discount site like Priceline.
You have another advantage when paying your normal utility bills like electricity, cell phones and landlines because you get bonus miles when you pay your bills using your credit card. So, you're able to kill two birds with one stone. Since you have to pay for your regular bills anyway, why not rack up frequent flier miles to boot?
With the Korean Air Secured Credit Card, you not only access their flights, but you also can tap into their partner program to have access to using your bonus miles on a large network of other airlines around the world.
Korean Air SKYPASS Parter Worldwide Network:
Mileage accrual is available naturally via Korean Air operated flights as well as flights serviced by fellow SkyTeam carriers (Aeroflot, Aerolineas Argentinas, Aeromexico, Air Europa, Air France, Alitalia, China Airlines, China Eastern Airlines, China Southern Airlines, Czech Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Kenya Airways, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Middle East Airlines, Saudia Airlines, TAROM and Vietnam Airlines) and other affiliated carriers (Alaska Airlines, Emirates, Garuda Indonesia and Hawaiian Airlines).
SKYPASS Visa Secured cardmembers experience these essential benefits and features:
- SKYPASS Bonus Miles after your first purchase1
- 1 mile for every net $1 in purchases
- Credit limit based on your deposit, from $300 to $5,000
- 1,000 Bonus Miles at renewal2
- $250,000 in Travel Accident Insurance3
- Redeem miles for reward travel and upgrades on Korean Air and SkyTeam partners4
- SKYPASS Visa card purchases help you reach and maintain Morning Calm Club Membership5
- EMV chip technology for added security abroad6
- Visa payWave technology for contactless purchases7
- Use your card at millions of locations worldwide
- Cash access at more than one million ATMs
- Bilingual automated 24-hour account access
- Bilingual customer service available
- No cap on miles you can earn
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver8
- Online purchase security8
- Earn SKYPASS miles even faster with Automatic Bill Payment
- Get your monthly credit score – at no cost!
- Lost and stolen card reporting
- SKYPASS Visa miles can be combined with your SKYPASS flight miles
- Complete an application.
- Print and sign the application.
- Write a check for $300 to $5,000 made payable to U.S. Bank National Association. The check MUST BE a certified check, money order, or cashier's check.
- Mail your application along with your check to: U.S. Bank National Association ND P.O. Box 6363 Fargo, ND 58125-6363
Yes, if you haven't had the chance to establish credit9 in the United States yet.
It's Easy, Safe, and Practical:
- It's easy. All you need to do is send us a cashier's check, a certified check, or a money order with your credit card application (from $300 to $5,000) to open a savings account. Then, once you're approved, we'll send you a credit card. Your credit line will be the same amount as your deposit. It looks and works just like any other credit card when you use it at a restaurant or store.
- Your deposit is used to open a savings account which assures your credit card can be paid. The money in your savings account is there to "secure" your credit line. The money in your savings account is FDIC insured and won't be touched as long as you make all of your credit card payments on time and your account remains open. Plus, you will earn interest on the money in your savings account.
- Your purchases are billed to you each month. Payments are not automatically deducted from your savings account. You are responsible for making at least your minimum payment by the due date each month.
I believe US Bank issues the Korean Air Secured Visa Credit Card with the SKYPASS frequent flier bonus points. Please contact me with other options on my contact page: http://www.EmpowerNetwork.com/glenwoodfin. I hope this proves to be a great travel tip for you during hard times.
Wednesday, August 29, 2012
If you dream of being a full-time Internet marketer, you'll quickly notice everthing looks shiny online trying to sell you this and that. You can go broke buying everthing.
I invested $50,000 my first year in trying to learn Internet marketing and at the end of the first year, I wasn't making anything. So, I want to shortcut your path to success if you are open. But, you have to be teachable.
After 3 years and well over $50k in buying courses, I became a full-time Internet marketer to the point where this year I was the Internet marketing consultant to a Presidential candidate. I have come a long way from my first stuggles.
I want to help you shortcut that process and save you time and money.
I have solved much of my challenge by plugging in to a system of Internet marketing training where the best of the best flock and show you step by step the path to online marketing success.
The shortcut is through the Empower Network, a system of training from Internet marketing millionaires who have gathered together to teach you how to market online in the shortest amount of time.
You can get started for as little as $25.
Not only do you have access to all the video recordings showing you step by step how the masters made it, but you'll have me on your side to make it even faster.
You can call me 24/7 on my voicemail or watch the video above where I reveal my actual cell phone number. Call me and change your life.
Glen Woodfin 206-202-8023